Old September 12th 17, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default New bike for Jay

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 12:27:34 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 10:51:58 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 8:55:05 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
Can we start speccing out equipment for Jay the way we do for Jorge?

I'll start with this thing. Jay tell us again what frame size you ride?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...230636448.html

Habanero, Dude.

The "classic" frame is super-dangerous. It' doesn't have discs, and it has a CF fork. Disc mounts can be added, but "All of the above options take 12-16 weeks to build." And it would still have CF forks!

This appears to be my only option for a fast, safe bike: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/14...g?v=1478720465 According to Grant, it comes with disc brakes:
https://www.rivbike.com/pages/disc-brakes

I'm ordering today and waiting the 6-9 months because my safety is important.

Jay, I don't know that I'd be too worried about CF forks. A set of CF CX forks would at worst have to be replaced every five years or so.