Old September 13th 17, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Default New bike for Jay

John B. wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 04:07:08 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 3:27:34 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:

This appears to be my only option for a fast, safe bike:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/14...g?v=1478720465
According to Grant, it comes with disc brakes:
https://www.rivbike.com/pages/disc-brakes

I'm ordering today and waiting the 6-9 months because my safety is important.

Good! It's about time you became cool.

- Frank Krygowski

The extra down tube makes it 50% safer than your regular bike.

Given that the normal bicycle frame is comprised of 7 tubes wouldn't
adding one more make the formula something like 8/7, or only 14%
stronger :-?
--
Cheers,

John B.

We can argue the fine details, but either way, the conclusion has to be
SAFETY!
:-)