Old September 14th 17, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Taya Chain

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 9:14:51 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
... After only 12,000 miles the tire man said that a set of used tires on my new car looked in better condition.

Uhm ... ya

I have only put 12,000 miles on my new BF Goodrich tires. I bought an 8 year newer version of the same car and thought that I should install the Goodrich's on the newer car. Turns out that the old car uses 15" tires and the new one uses 16" tires. But when he measured the tread depth of the used tires on the newer they have more tread left than the Goodrich's did anyway.

The guy I bought the newer car from told me that he bought the tires used from a tire dealer.

I do not drive hard. I usually come up to the speed limit and put the cruise control on. I do not corner very hard but generally more than most people because I know how to corner without skidding. I also know when not to corner hard.

Question: how is it that used tires have more tread depth than the tires on my car with top of the line tires I bought new and only put 12,000 miles on them?