Old November 15th 18, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Chain Lube?

On 11/14/18 6:59 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

snip

I have a couple of really old WRIGHTS all leather saddles and they
are very comfortable and only require a bit of care. I keep the
undersides well coated with genuine Dubbin and that seems to work
wonders keeping them from soaking up water from wet roads. Of course
fenders also go a very long way to keeping water off the underside of
any saddle. However, some bicycles just don't have room for fenders.

I have a Brookes B17 which is 37 years old and going strong. A shower
cap for when it's parked in the rain, a bit of proofhide if I'm feeling
flush, or boot polish when I'm not.