Old November 15th 18, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Chain Lube?

On 11/15/18 12:49 AM, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:37:42 -0500, Frank Krygowski wrote:

BTW, one thing I noticed during our recent trip to Europe: Europeans
seem to use leather saddles far more than Americans do.

Brands?

The Krauts absolutely love those springy Brooks Flyer things, you see
loads of them on commuters.

I'm not saying leather was the majority, but here in America it's
unusual for me to see a leather saddle on a utility bike or even an
enthusiast's bike. Especially in Basel, Switzerland and in Amsterdam, I
was spotting them all the time. And Amsterdam is not a very dry place.

IME, leather dressing. Mostly underneath, but a light wipe over the top
helps.