Old June 12th 04, 05:02 PM
Mathieu Peyréga

Default Provence this September

Thanks all for the info.
Now I am really confused.

I hope my message didn't "frightened" you ! It was at least not the
intention, France is still a civilized country !

It is a good thing I have 3 months to figure this
out. Last year we put our bike boxes on the boat at the Venice airport at went
to the Lido no problem. For the next 2 weeks we got on ferrys and trains
without any concerns (we did have to pay minimum bike fees on some occassions).

Now we are talking about reservations for us and for our bikes.

On the TGV (high speed train) you always have to make a reservation, but
in fact, it's included with the ticket than assign you a precise seat
when you buy it, whereas in other trains ("slow" ones) you can
optionnaly buy this seat assignment or just hope to find an empty
seat... So if you travel with TGV, once you have your ticket, you'll
have your seat and everything will be fine... even more if you can
manage to get the bike option what you can't do on the internet...

What happens if we go to the train station at CDG Airport and say we

want to catch the next
train to Avignon and we want to take our bikes with us, and that we have no
reservations and want to make them at that time and catch the next train?

as i explained, reservation means that you have a seat assignment.
Concerning the bikes, you should be able to pay for this service if you
buy your ticket directly at the station. In the previous message, i
forgot that you can catch the TGV train directly at the airport
(terminal 2) which will be more convenient for you than going to gare de
lyon...

And we say this in English?

If you buy your tickets at the airport, the commercial agents will speak
english !

We could still have them in the boxes from the plane or
unpacked.
Is this doable?

If your boxes are less than 120 cm * 90 cm ( 1 in = 2.54 cm )then there
can't be any problem, it's considered and allowed as any other luggage...
But the problem should occur when you will come back : you won't have
your boxes anymore i guess ?

Gary