Old September 23rd 11, 11:33 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Techo

Default E Bikes

For a trike check out
http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com/...&products_id=9
40&osCsid=78c9516a506712be955423b51a509ac6

this does not include the batteries but looks like good value and they are
in Sydney.

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message
In aus.bicycle on Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:51:10 +0800
Fraser Johnston wrote:
Anyone here got one? I do a 25km each way commute and there is no way I
am up to it without assistance. I am thinking an ebike might be the
best way to get my arse out of the car. I have a coupe of bikes that
would do as a base for conversion but I am thinking it is probably
easier to buy one ready made off ebay for $800.

First off, decide if you want to be legal ornot....

If you do then check your state laws. In NSW you arelimited to 200
watts.

When comparing bikes, take note of battery type and weight and
efficiency. You want the thing to be usable without a motor!

Bigest hassle with buying cheap off ebay is like buying anythign
cheap: how much work do you ahve to do to get the thing in reasonable
condition? You might be willing to go oevr it and get the bicycle
bits properly fettled and working well, you might not.

As far as I know the conversion is "replace the wheel with the
hub motor one, locate the battery somewhere, run the cables."

Zebee