Old November 10th 17, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default di2 external mount - bottle cage or chainstay/downtube

On 11/10/2017 2:48 PM, yirgster wrote:
I'm upgrading my 2010 bike to ultegra di2 with the external kit.

So, my question is whether to go for the long external battery mount (S-BMR1-LB) for the water bottle cage, or the short mount (SM-BMR1-S) which mounts on the chainstay or downtube.

If going with the water bottle mount does it prevent using the cage for a water bottle?

Any thoughts most appreciated. TIA!

On most[1] frames the DT battery sits just below the cage,
doesn't interfere.

[1] Shimano warns 'frame dimensions may vary' and all that
but in practice it's not likely to be a problem for any
recent factory built race bike. Home built recumbent etc I
have no idea.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/