Old March 29th 21, 12:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Eyc headlight problem

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 18:08:44 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

But as I said, I suspect the problem is internal to the headlamp because
one of the time it shut down, I was stationary. The light was in
standlight mode, during which it gets no external current supply. The
standlight turned off just as suddenly as the main light was doing.

Good observation. I also mentioned it at the end of my rant. Whatever
is intermittent is inside the headlight.

But again, thanks. (I'm hoping that on the bench, powering this with a
6VDC battery should be as valid as powering it with a dynamo.)

Bottles are usually designed to run 6 volts and 3 watts at about 15
km/hr.
http://www.myra-simon.com/bike/dynotest.html
6V should work, but watch out that the light doesn't get too hot.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272