Old April 6th 21, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Default Eyc headlight problem

sms wrote:
On 4/5/2021 1:53 AM, Sepp Ruf wrote:

This is how a low and high beams, 400 dynamo, optional 400 extra battery
lumens, conversion looks like:
https://www.velomobilforum.de/forum/index.php?attachments/pxl_20210121_153046943-jpg.231317/

That looks like something someone hand-built, modifying an existing
light. Where is the link to the forum post that has this image?

It's in the "Welcher Dynamo Scheinwerfer?" thread inside the forum's
Elektrik/Elektronik section, but there are no blueprints or schematics to
look at -- or to send to CCP 1/10 Cost Corp.

If you weren't too autistic to look a bit closer at the pcb, you would have
found the search term for YT, and hence, Mr. Schadt's homepage. No offense,
but I don't think his weekend microbusiness is set up to handle culturally
incompatible inquiries or nerve-wrecking suggestions from India or Scharfie
County.

Hopefully they included thermal sensors to automatically reduce power to
prevent overheating.

Probably, but if you are prone to overheating it, you are not in the
intended target group. It's an assembled conversion kit, the buyer won't
even receive a real manual, not French, not German, not even Mandarin.

It's an interesting concept but IMVAIO it's backward. Instead of adding
an optional battery to a dynamo light, it would be more logical (and
much less expensive) to add optional dynamo operating and charging to a
battery powered light. You can get a much more capable fully-featured
headlight, with internal Li-Ion batteries, for 1/3 to 1/4 the cost, and
a circuit to charge the batteries from the dynamo is trivial

(snip)

You are entitled to your opinion. Why don't you ask PJW about a rough
estimate on the total number of dynamo input adapter sets he has ever sold
to fit an early Hella battery LED lamp he offered? A dozen or two? I might
have seen one such adapter in the wild, in Europe, more than a decade ago.
I also do not believe in significant demand for high-wattage dynamos, not
even for ebikes: The moment a jurisdiction stops requiring a dynamo for
pedelecs, hardly anyone bothers to fit one (or more).