Old September 20th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

Default The real reason you're broke: spending money on cars

On Sep 20, 2:39 pm, Matt O'Toole wrote:
MSN points out why so many Americans are broke: they're spending too much
on their cars:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...onaCar/TheReal...

One more reason to ride a bike!

Or drive an old car. Mine was paid for 15 years ago and still passes
emissions testing with only 5% of allowed nasties. I can't believe the
amount of money people **** away on cars. I can understand wanting a
decent car that's pleasant and reliable--but you can find one of those
for pennies on the dollar used. What I find even crazier are people
that buy houses 40 minutes from work in this town to get 2x the square
footage--but a more miserable lifestyle and tons of pointless
emissions spewed while crawling on the freeway.