Old July 6th 03, 11:00 AM
David Kunz

Default Good Disc Wheelset??

Cameron wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message news:nLCNa.43395$Xm3.8870@sccrnsc02...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Disc compatible
wheelset? I am looking at moving to a Disc brake setup and not sure on
what set to pick up. I was looking heavy at a set on Pricepoint that
had the Shimano XT hubs with the Sun Rhyno Lite rims. I am about 6'
185lbs. I do a lot of hard pack trail riding and will take some minor
obsticles (roots, rocks, etc..)if presented. Does anyone have an
opinion on this set or maybe another recommendation?? Thanks in advance.

Both a friend and myself have been running Mavic x223 for a few years now.
They're fairly light, but can take a thrashing without a problem. Heck, we took
'em to both Crystal and Whistler.

--
Cameron

I've had 2 Mavic 223's stress crack between spoke holes.

David