Old July 26th 03, 11:45 AM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default New Manitou Black Comp 100-120mm..

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:42:53 GMT, "Edwards"
wrote:

..just purchased. Is this a quality coil/oil fork? I paid $219 from
Supergo. Couldn't pass up the low price for a new long travel cross country
fork. Any comments ?

It was selling for that price for a reason.

#1.) The Black has turned out to be such a wonderful fork that a
certain bike manufacturer is sending out Marzocchi Z1-FR's, for free,
to replace the Blacks that were installed by the factory.

#2.) I personally witnessed the line of less than happy Black owners
waiting for rebuilds at the Manitou tech truck, at last year's Pedros
fest.

You bought a $219 fork. If it works out for you, great! If your
Black turns out like so many others, at least you only paid $219 for
it.

Barry