Old July 2nd 18, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Daily Mail - cyclist wins commute challenge

On 26/06/2018 14:36, wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 June 2018 10:17:52 UTC+1, Peter Parry wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 00:59:46 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

What we all know!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...port-test.html

"cyclist wins commute challenge" . Is this a new definition of "win"
where coming second makes you first? Or merely the inability of the
Daily Wail and it's sad readers to comprehend that 7min 23sec by
pushbike is actually slower than 7min 15 sec by motorcycle?

CYCLIST QUOTE:
"Rather than face gridlock on The Mall, I took the cycle lane through Green Park. Though it was swarming, this bought me crucial time and I crossed the finish eight seconds after the motorbike. If I’d pedalled a tiny bit faster, I could’ve won."
END QUOTE.

The BAMBI says:

QUOTE:
I can normally **weave** my way out or turn down a side street. Bus lanes are **confusing** for motorcyclists. There are some you can use and others you can’t — the rules don’t seem clear.
EMPHASIS MINE.

END QUOTE.

A new concept.

The "winner" is the one who claims that he could have won.

Spain ought to try it on.