Old March 13th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

Default Philly Phlyer - bikes ripped off?

RicodJour wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Someobody's signature is on the race permit, jackass. Who was
responsible for getting the liability insurance? There has to be a
person who did this. That person is the promoter by definition.

So you're suggesting what exactly? That the promoter should indemnify
all race participants, and their guests, at any location and time?
How does a race promoter's liability insurance cover what happens in a
restaurant parking lot? I thought you were supposed to be some hot
shot racer. How can you be so clueless about the logistics?

Pardon me while I proceed to ignore you until you have something
sensible to say.

The promoter should have warned everyone never to leave their bikes or
valuables in their cars unattended anywhere near the city because it
would likely be stolen.

Philly and its close vicinity has a notorious property theft reputation
that should have been conveyed to unwitting race participants.

Magilla