Old March 13th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

Default Philly Phlyer - bikes ripped off?

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:03:14 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

Someobody's signature is on the race permit, jackass. Who was
responsible for getting the liability insurance? There has to be a
person who did this. That person is the promoter by definition.

Things don't just happen, ****face.

Just a show of hands - who here has seen parking lot security for what
appears to have been a low to medium level event? I've been an
official at DC and Baltimore events and been on the support staff for
a couple more, and outside of the really high end events, I've never
seen any security for a parking lot. Hell, the budget gets eaten up
with the metal barriers, police on the course and medical and the
volunteer staffing barely covers the corners, so where is it coming
from anyway - telling the local Hells Angels they can beat up on some
bicyclists if they do security free?

That common up Phillie-New york way? The security, not the Hells
Angels beating up on bicyclists...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

If they didn't provide security then they should have put a warning on
the race flyer so at least people could have taken some precautions.

"WARNING: Philadelphia and the vicinity has a notrious reputation for
property theft and car break-ins. Do not leave valuables such as bikes
or laptops unattended or in your car."

-------

There, I just gave you the solution. Instead, the promoter was so
faggoty excited about going in circles around a filthy brown river, he
forgot to tell participants about the only things that really mattered.

All that experience officiating bike races, Curtis, and you can't even
come up with a simple solution like a warning on the race flyer?

Magilla
Just someone with a large banana