Old March 13th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

Default Philly Phlyer - bikes ripped off?

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:47:51 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

All that experience officiating bike races, Curtis, and you can't even
come up with a simple solution like a warning on the race flyer?

We read them, we pass them, but we don't write them.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Okay, objection noted. But the promoter had an obligation to warn
people that they were stepping into the Lion's Den when they came to Philly.

The promoter and teams who race the Commerce Bank Philly race take
extreme precuations for the prevention of theft including the hiring of
a 24 hour security guard to watch over team vehicles and getting the
race hotel to allow them to take their bikes into their hotel room.

What was this Philly Phlyer promoter thinking? I bet you there were 20
thefts at this race we didn't even hear about.

Magilla
Walmart Security Consultant