Old October 20th 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Radey Shouman

Default Before & after bike ghettos

Peter Cole writes:

On 10/20/2010 11:08 AM, Duane Hebert wrote:

I'd point out that while roaming over New England by bike, I never
felt any inhospitable treatment, maybe I just have low standards, but
people seemed friendly enough, and quite tolerant of cyclists.

I have experiencedconsiderable *personal* hospitality in New England,
both on a bicycle and off. New Englanders are quite capable of both
friendliness and hopsitality. What they won't do is vote to spend money
on things, like street signs, that are seen as primarily benefiting
visitors.

Spending money on promoting tourism they do understand.

I didn't say this attitude is wrong, but I found it novel.