Old December 8th 10, 07:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

Default why do cyclists think that they don't need lights at night?

On Dec 8, 7:04*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Doug wrote:
On Dec 8, 1:08 am, JNugent wrote:
On 07/12/2010 21:57, Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...lice_launch_cr....

Unconscious humour?

"POLICE have launched a crackdown on cyclists who are putting their
lives at risk by riding without lights during terrible conditions at
the darkest time
of the year.

"Officers stopped 33 riders in two hours at Bournemouth s Cemetery
Junction...".

Maybe the cyclists think it won't make much difference anyway to half-
blind killer drivers. When I was rammed I was using lights and the
motorist admitted he didn't even see me. Pity the police can't pull
over drivers to test their night vision.

were you killed then or is then any mention of a lit cyclist being killed?
if not then why change the thread title yet again?- Hide quoted text -

Just changing the subject heading to what it should be. Doug is being
childish again!

Derek C