Old November 2nd 03, 12:17 PM
B. Lafferty

Default Ullrich in breach of contract?

It's very doubtful that Ullrich is in breach of his Bianchi contract. It
was a one year contract and he had contracted to return to T----Mobile after
the Bianchi contract expires. To my knowledge he hasn't appeared in
T---Mobile kit which would be a breach of his Bianchi contract. Assuming he
has/is performing otherwise within the requirements of the Bianchi contract,
he isn't in breach. IMO, Bianchi seems to be spitting sour grapes into the
air.

"Jason Spaceman" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
From the article:
-----------------------------------
Jacques Hanegraaf, manager of Team Bianchi, has confirmed that he and his
sponsor are pursuing legal action against Jan Ullrich, over his recent
transfer to T-Mobile ? and hinted that he is even hopeful of Ullrich
returning to his Italian-sponsored team.

"Jan Ullrich is in breach of his contract and that is why we have

suspended
payments," Hanegraaf told procycling this afternoon (Thursday). While
Hanegraaf refused to specify the exact date on which Ullrich?s salary was
stopped he confirmed that it referred to the post-Tour de France period.

The rest at http://www.procycling.com/news_main.asp?newsId=4759

J. Spaceman