Old March 11th 08, 03:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Bikers Aren't Interested in Restoring (Removing) Their Illegal Trails

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:43:08 -0400, Mike Romain
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 18:19:39 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
BS. I don't create illegal trails. Mountain bikers do. Try to stick to
the subject.

You don't clean up the legal trails either.

Your idiocy knows no bounds. By definition, there is nothng about
legal trails needing to be "cleaned up". Illegal trails need to be
removed.

You sir obviously have 'never' been on a trail, legal or otherwise to
think that 'legal' trails don't need clean ups! I guess trails are a
long way away from your cafeteria job eh.

We worked with the local township and the property owners on a three
weekend clean up in a local bush area half crown land and half private.

'We' didn't discriminate, we cleaned the legal parts and any 'illegal'
parts of the bush area with a crew of off-roaders in Jeeps and Land
Rovers. We had 20 Jeeps in my group alone from a Usenet newsgroup,
rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, for three Saturdays dragging garbage and
old vehicles out of the bush so the city workers could take them away.

We pulled 3 metric tons of pure garbage, two dumptrucks full of scrap
steel, two truck loads of used tires and about 30 vehicle hulks out of
this area.

The local press was there as well as the writer for the Land Rover
Magazine who did an article on it.

Maybe you should get off the keyboard and actually go see some trails so
you can have an 'educated' opinion of them Mike. All you do is post
other peoples opinions with nothing first hand.

Mike
(not a biker, but a Jeeper)

I know it's hard, but try to stick to the subject: restoration of
illegal trails to habitat.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande