Old July 29th 08, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

Default NYPD cops loses badge and gun after cyclist assault.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:07:47 +0100, Paul Boyd wrote:
On 29/07/2008 13:07, Paul - xxx said,

Looking at the video he got what he deserved.

I wonder if that particular cyclist was being looked for in
connection with something else? The reason I say that is that both
coppers seemed to see him and move towards him at the same time,
ignoring other cyclists. That doesn't excuse the way he was
stopped though!

I saw something to the effect that the cyclist was wanted for
something done earlier on the ride. Mind you, the same report also
had the policeman saying that the cyclist was deliberately trying to
run him down. Having seen the video, and observed that the policeman
had to just break into a run to arrange the collision, I believe that
at least part of the report was blatantly lies, which casts some doubt
on the rest of it (imo).

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig