Old February 1st 04, 11:28 PM
Tim Hall

Default Today's ride

I'm not getting as much cycling these days as I'd like, and have to
really make the time to get out.

So this afternoon I managed to set off on my fixer, just as it was
getting dark and the rain was starting. No plan in mind, just go out
for an hour or so. The rain started coming down harder after the
first few kilometres. It was then I realised I'd forgotten to put my
neoprene overshoes on. Bum. Never mind, a slight tail wind made the
riding easy. Zip up past Gatwick on the A23 and then peeled off onto
some lanes. Raining even harder, ******* motorists who don't dip
their lights, it _still_ felt good. Feet by now were absolutely
soaking and my waterproof turned out not to be. By now I'm back in
town and had a close call at a roundabout as a dozy motorist didn't
see me. Then I go round a corner and something feels wrong - at first
I thought the back end had stepped out so I carried on. Then I
realised the front tyre was flat. Bum. Only 1k from home so I walked
it rather than fix it.

Back home, wet, happy.

I like cycling.

Tim