Old November 1st 04, 07:42 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Michael J. Klein wrote:
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 06:41:04 GMT, "B i l l S o r n s o n"
wrote:

Began training for the St. George Marathon -- got up to 22 miles --
but totally broke down before I could do it. Had stress fractures
all over the place -- ran America's Finest City (Half) with a bunch
of 'em (very painful), then pretty much gave it up. Turns out I
have (had?) a condition with calcium not being absorbed by my body
-- it collected in my kidneys instead of reaching blood -- so I got
stones and broken bones! Nasty combo...(since treated with meds;
seems to be working.)

Bill, what you describe is the opposite - not enough calicum. Kidney
stones are a sign of raging oestoperosis, not the opposite.

Not sure about that "sign of raging osteoporosis" (note spelling), although
in my case it was true (low bone density, thus the stress fractures). I got
plenty of calcium in my diet, but had a condition that prevented it from
being absorbed properly. It collected in my kidneys instead, much to my
chagrin.

I somehow doubt that /most/ kidney stone sufferers (typically male,
30s-40s?) have osteoporosis; rather, they probably consume /too much/
calcium, and it crystallizes in their kidneys.

In fact, the doctors told me that my combination of factors (stones with
weak bones) was highly unusual.

Bill "like I said, meds seem to have corrected it" S.