Old March 25th 05, 04:39 PM
wafflycat

"John Burns" wrote in message
So losing this weight (48lbs and counting) really is starting to give me
noticeable health benefits and that is a great incentive for me to stick
with it :-)

Might I ask how you started and how long it's taken?

14 weeks. Over that period I've averaged 3.5lbs loss per week.

A good friend of mine is 29 stone and 5'6", he's tried most things - so
why not cycling! He goes to the gym twice a week at the moment.

I'm doing Weigh****chers. What is doing it for me is the discipline of going
to a WW meeting each week, doing the formal weigh-in and staying to the
meeting for the pep-talk. Quite frankly, most of it's in the head - I'm
*very* motivated. Everything I eat is "tracked", that is weighed and entered
into my food diary before it goes into the mouth. Plus I'm choosing *very*
healthy options 99% of the time and having treats occasionally. The easy bit
is the losing it - the hard bit is the keeping it off :-/

Cycling is helping me in that I'm losing more and consistently than the
other WW'ers who don't exercise, but exercise on its own isn't enough, just
as dropping the calories alone isn't enough - it's the frame of mind that's
the key.

Cheers, helen s

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!