Old October 19th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

Default OT Unintentional Newspaper Humour re bicycle accident

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:50:03 -0700, Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

What every one I showed the article to found humourous is the idea
that a transport truck driver could be physically injured in a
transport truck/bicycle collision. Unfortunately the cyclist was
seriously injured but is in stable condition. He was wearing dark
clothing at the time of the accident which occurred shortly after 6:15
a.m. which means it was totally dark then with no street lights. There
is no mention if the cyclist was using lights of any sort.

How long had he been driving since his last rest before hitting
something he obviously didn't see in his headlights?

Judging by the time of the collision, my guess is that the bicyclist
was not drunk, drugged, distracted or asleep.

" No charges have been laid in connection with the crash."

Typical lazy-cop response.
--
zk