Old December 3rd 19, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
TMS320

Default What is the biggest cause of road accidents in the UK?

On 03/12/2019 12:36, NY wrote:
"TMS320" wrote in message
On 03/12/2019 09:28, NY wrote:

The problem we have is of finger pointing at cyclists by drivers that
have over inflated ideas about their driving ability.

I think the biggest problem is the impunity of cyclists: because they
don't have number-plates, they cannot easily be traced and reported for
occasions when they do break laws which would see a motorist prosecuted.
in other words, resentment rather than concern about safety.

Doubtful. Drivers get away with quite an amount.

Laws have more purpose than to make a place look pretty. If road law
can't be enforced 100%, it has to be applied to get most benefit.

As a driver, I hope I make a better cyclist because I can sympathise
with the needs of cars to overtake a much slower vehicle. As a cyclist,
I hope I make a better driver.

Good. A person with current road cycling experience almost certainly
makes a better all round driver.