Old September 10th 10, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

Default World Dougfree Day

On Sep 10, 7:04*am, Doug wrote:
I realise this event is of little interest to most people in our car
dominated UK, or even an annoyance perhaps, but we do still have a few
of these events going on here to which cyclists are pleased to attend
and it is also a world wide event for those lurking on this NG from
abroad.

"Dear carfree campaigners,

World Carfree Day is just around the corner and we need your help to
publicise all the events going on across the world! Check out our WCD
web pages and submit your town's event in our 2010 wiki, or if you
prefer simply send the details to me or Markus Heller by e-mail. We
plan to have a bigger, easier-to-use wiki system for next year...

If you are interested in organising a PARK(ing) Day event or finding
one near you, please visithttp://parkingday.org/parking-day-map/for more info.

Thanks and happy CFD!"

The vital dates:
PARK(ing) Day: 17 September.
World Carfree Day: 22 September.

http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/

-- .
World Carfree Networkhttp://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.

How about a collection for sending Doug to an institution (where he
rightly belongs) with no computers for a day, or preferably for good?
Then we wouldn't have to put up with this drivel.