Old September 12th 10, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Default World Carfree Day

Doug wrote:
On 11 Sep, 09:59, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 10 Sep, 20:07, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Doug wrote:
I realise this event is of little interest to most people in our
car dominated UK, or even an annoyance perhaps, but we do still
have a few of these events going on here to which cyclists are
pleased to attend and it is also a world wide event for those
lurking on this NG from abroad.

Has anyone else followed the link & seen what these ****wits are up
to?

"PARK(ing) Day is a annual open-source global event where citizens,
artists and activists collaborate to temporarily transform metered
parking spaces into "PARK(ing)" spaces: temporary public places.

Un ****ing believeable.

Some people badly need to get a life.

Yes the ones that deeply love cars and cause so many problems with
them, including partially blocking our roads with their parking
spaces.

Lets do it! Lets get rid of the car!

Never mind the £52 billion + the industry turns over, or the 800,000
jobs, or the £23.6 billion fuel duty raised, or the £5.1 billion in
VAT.

Oh **** - the UK economy has just crashed.

You are forgetting something, the overall costs of mass car use and
the fact that we don't need to get rid of all of them. A good first
step would be to halve car use which would then halve all the problems
it causes.

So what exactly are "the overall costs of mass car use" then?

Prepares for ******nomics

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.