Old November 18th 10, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
chris French

Default Cheerfully wrong

In message , Tony Raven
writes
In the threads about a cyclist killed by a drunk truck driver Mr
Cheerful said the following:

don't get on the inside of lorries, particularly at junctions, she paid the
ultimate price for her actions.

snip

Well now the trial has finished and we can see just how wrong Mr
Cheerless was:

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/n...s/8675868.Drun
k_lorry_driver_who_ran_over_cyclist_while_talking _on_mobile_phone_jailed/

Drunk lorry driver who ran over cyclist while talking on mobile phone jailed

5:50pm Thursday 18th November 2010

A lorry driver who was over the drink drive limit and on a mobile when
he crushed a Clapham cyclist has been jailed for seven years.

At least there was a reasonable sentence.

It was revealed during the trial that he had 20 previous
disqualifications, three drink drive convictions and three previous
convictions for reckless driving.

20? that must be going some in at most 34 years of driving, rather un
believable, . It sounds like a bit of mistake in the reporting, unless
he was doing something odd like getting disqualified again whilst still
on a disqualification.. I do think that a second disqualification
should mean a permanent ban (or at least very long)
--
Chris French