Old November 19th 10, 02:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Cheerfully wrong

Tony Raven wrote:
In the threads about a cyclist killed by a drunk truck driver Mr
Cheerful said the following:

don't get on the inside of lorries, particularly at junctions, she
paid the ultimate price for her actions.

when did you last see a cyclist stop at a set of traffic lights? Pound to
a penny she rode up the inside.

And yes, I do think she rode up the inside, and by so doing she put
herself into mortal danger, perhaps if she had been trained in road
use then this tragedy need not have occurred.

I won't hold my breath waiting for Mr Cheerless to say he was wrong.

Tony

What is a cycle reservoir?
If it means that the cyclist had stopped , before the arrival of the tipper
in an advanced cycle stop area at the lights and the lorry rammed her after
the lights changed, then that is very different to the way the original
reports read. It is also at odds with the pictures, which showed her debris
on the left of the lorry, if he had turned left striking her back wheel with
the bumper of the lorry then the debris would end up on the right of the
lorry, not the left, particularly since it is said he went some way before
realising.

The whole thing just shows how unsuitable cycles are for use in heavy
traffic, ban them and solve the problem.