Old December 14th 10, 01:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling

Default London sees a different type of cyclist

On Dec 14, 5:24 am, mischastar
wrote:
'His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times[_2_ Wrote:

;2151667']On Dec 11, 2:16 pm, dr_jeff wrote:-
On 12/11/10 12:34 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane
prophet of the last days before the end of times wrote:
-
On Dec 11, 12:24 pm, Derek wrote:-
--
I don't know which part of London Mike Jacoubowsky visited to see all
those law abiding cyclists, but it's obviously nowhere I have been!--

I hope that the NYC cops start enforcing the bicycling laws (both
those
that apply to car drivers and bicycle riders), particularly with bike
lanes.

Jeff-

If you make people stand 3 minutes at the light in extreme heat or
cold, nobody would ride.

It's better to do like the Taliban and put a ban on it.

It's good they ticket bikes on sidewalks in the meantime though.

It's amusing how a simply discussion regarding cyclists in London is
able to bring up the "special relationship" and other political bombs.

Political bombs make real bombs unnecessary. It's like Kennedy said,

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
revolution inevitable." -John F. Kennedy

Reality is it would take 100 years to make it possible for every
citizen in the West to ride a bicycle in peace at this pace, and if I
don't have peace, I give a fart about peace out there. Let the Law of
the Jungle be unleashed for all.