Old March 10th 11, 08:40 PM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

Default Riding to Canberra

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:35:52 +1100
Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
I need to get a few things done in Canberra - like real soon.

Now I have previously thought of riding there just for fun but now that
push has come to shove, I am getting a bit worried.

I have no problems with traffic on the streets of Sydney but for some
reason, most likely becos I am a lily-liver yellow backed weak kneed
coward, I am rather hesitant when it comes to riding to Canberra.

Has anybody here done the ride and wanna share your thoughts and advice?

I do the Hume a lot on a motorcycle.

There's wide shoulders pretty well all the way, I think there's a
couple of bridges that are tricky though.

Aah, the international tourist route. See them on the hume often.
There is one bridge north of Goulburn that has no shoulder and you need
to time your crossing.double shame as it is a steep descent, narrow
bridge and a bit better climb on the other side, whilst all the time on
the right there is one of the more picturesque views.