Old March 10th 11, 10:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Riding to Canberra

On 10/03/2011 5:15 PM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:35:52 +1100
Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

I have no problems with traffic on the streets of Sydney but for some
reason, most likely becos I am a lily-liver yellow backed weak kneed
coward, I am rather hesitant when it comes to riding to Canberra.

Has anybody here done the ride and wanna share your thoughts and advice?

I do the Hume a lot on a motorcycle.

There's wide shoulders pretty well all the way, I think there's a
couple of bridges that are tricky though. I've seen bikes on the Hume
close to Canberra, but I don't think I've seen any in the hilly bits,
perhaps there's a different route they take?

You'll get a bit of a workout on the hills!

Long uphill climbs?