Old March 30th 11, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default More cyclists being put at risk.

Doug wrote:
On Mar 30, 8:04 am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
http://www.hippyshopper.com/2011/03/..._cyclists.html

why don't cyclists campaign for cyclists to be trained?, they are
the ones causing the problems. If cyclists will just stop putting
themselves into stupid positions then they will not get run over.

Your source starts by saying...

"If you've ever traversed your way around London's streets you know it
can be a daunting and dangerous task - both on foot and on bike!.."

So why do you think this is and what makes it so dangerous? I'll tell
you, DRIVERS!

Doug.

when I went to central London recently the endangerment and injury to
pedestrians that I saw all came from cyclists. If all cycling in London
was banned there would be zero cyclists squashed or injured and far fewer
pedestrian injuries. Drivers would be able to more attentive to the
remaining traffic/pedestrians and so would have fewer accidents too.