Old March 13th 14, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

On Thursday, 13 March 2014 05:02:59 UTC, Edward Dolan wrote:
Poor Blackblade of England. He thinks there are no conflicts or issues when
bikers ride trails meant for hikers and equestrians . Jeez, I wonder what this
report is all about?

In the UK bridleways are open to horses, bicycles and pedestrians. The biking community is already entitled to ride on the trails being discussed here.

What is being mooted are new tracks that would therefore take cyclists off the existing trails being used by equestrians. I thought that was your preferred solution ?

I would prefer that equestrians have their own trails separate from hikers, but at least they are both doing the same thing ... appreciating nature. It is cyclists who need to be banned from MY trails as they are doing something different from what equestrians and hikers are doing.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great