Old May 8th 17, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default 14 year-old Campy Record shifts like new...

On 2017-05-08 04:26, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 3:53:29 PM UTC-4, Robert Latest wrote:
...after I properly re-sorted the spacers in the rear cassette.
Duh.

robert

It's pretty amazing how well a lot of the 1980s (or a lot earlier)
stuff still works if it's maintained reasnonably well rather than
abused. I have a bicycle with the old Shimano 600 EX stuff on it
including the scallop headset and I never have problems with it.

And if that choice words deleted scalloped headset shakes loose all
the time there is a solution which works to this day on my road bike:

http://www.analogconsultants.com/ng/bike/Hoseclamp.JPG

I have NEVER needed to resort to the use of a hoseclamp on any headset on any of my bicycles.

At some point in time either you or a shop did something that knackered your top nut on your 600EX headset.

Cheers