Old December 16th 03, 04:11 PM
Peter

Default Do bicycles and cars mix?

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum wrote:

Peter wrote:

A large meal provides about 1500-2000 kJ (350-500 kcal).

Your definition of a 'large meal' apparently differs from mine. A single
Burger King Whopper hamburger has more kcals than that and I wouldn't
consider it to be a large meal by itself.

That's exactly why you shouldn't eat at a junk food place. A lot of fat,
which is the food stuff with the highest energy content per weight. Get
vegetables and fruit instead.

I do - had a snack of four large oranges (~400 kcals) yesterday evening. I
didn't consider that to be a "large meal" either. As a fairly tall man who
exercises regularly, I need about 3000 kcals/day. Using the average of
your figures above would mean that I'd need to be eating 7 "large meals"
per day. Not realistic, so I don't consider 425 kcals to constitute a
large meal.