Old December 14th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
you

Default Opus regrets

In article ,
"Edward Dolan" wrote:

"you" wrote in message
In article ,
"Edward Dolan" wrote:

Once at Glacier National Park there was a dad with his kids telling them
that the animal coming at them was a moose. My God, it was a grizzly
bear! I
told everyone to run for their lives and we all got back in our cars tout
suite!

What an insightful Story.... Uncle Eddie, the Great Outdoorsman, sees a
Rocky Mountain Brown Bear, and tells everyone to "Run for their
lives".... That is exactly the WRONG thing to do when meeting a Brown
Bear in the bush.... it is just to [too] bad that he didn't munch you....
Eddie the Great DUFUS.....

"you" has got grizzly bears confused with teddy bears. Why does this not
surprise me? Yea, it is ever the hallmark of idiots to confuse teddy bears
with grizzly bears. He probably thinks rattlesnakes are just big worms too.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Eddie the Great Dufus responds... with more BS... Hey Eddie, I live in
Coastal Brown Bear country, out in the bush of alaska, and have Brownies
as neighbors. My Brown Bear neighbors can out run ANY human, that ever
lived, on the order of two to one... so running is just plain STUPID....
You are so far off the accepted way to deal with Brown Bear encounters,
as to be negligent... Good thing you stay in your Hermit Hole, and do
not venture into Brown Bear country much, otherwise we would hear about
Eddie the Great Dufus, being munched, but the world would class that as
"No Great Loss".....