Old June 15th 21, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default More Shifting Problems

On 6/15/2021 5:52 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

I was asking how long it should take to adjust the front derailleur to operate with the rear derailleur noiselessly. This is quite difficult to get without throwing the chain over the top of the big ring. The adjustment of the front derailleur has to be exactly correct in fore and aft and height adjustments. I spent about a half hour to get it correct and pro mechanics must have some easy way of doing this. But the result was that I must have missed setting the inner limit screw on the rear derailleur.

I'll agree with Tom, in that I have sometimes found it tricky to
precisely set up a front derailluer.

--
- Frank Krygowski