Old August 14th 17, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default CHINA bike

writes:

On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 8:22:23 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 08:59:07 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 00:12:12 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ors_picks=true

Reminds me of the 1940 Micky Mouse version of the Disney movie, "The
Sorcerer's Apprentice". Replace the brooms with bicycles, and you
have the situation in the article.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DX2yVucz24 (9:41)

The "MOBIKE's" shown in the article you cite are a Chinese bicycle
sharing (actually rental) scheme which seems to operate in the larger
Chinese cities, and have, as of this year, expanded to Singapore,
Manchester, Florence, Milan, and it will start in London in September.

I don't find any reference to numbers of bikes but the company
recently raised some $600 million which raised their total funding to
US$ 1 billion.
--
Cheers,

John B.

OR

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/n...ef=todayspaper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conges..._New_York_City

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/14/ny...-the-city.html

Apparently two competing dockless bike share companies are operating in
Seattle.

https://arstechnica.com/information-...ory-alleyways/

Or https://tinyurl.com/y9nrswcc

The above article hyperventilates a bit about the legally require
h*lm*ts not being provided; I'm not sure why dockless bike sharing is
different from docking in that respect.