Old August 5th 14, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

Default Bike "facilities", you gotta love them, at least for the giggle

On 04/08/2014 20:44, Duane wrote:
On 8/4/2014 3:37 PM, Clive George wrote:
On 04/08/2014 20:18, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I was just reading in the Toronto (Canada) Sun that the city is
nstalling some counter-flow bicycle lanes. That's right, they're
installing bicycle lanes that run the OPPOSITE direction to motor
vehicle traffic.

On one-way streets this is often a good thing.

It's always going to depend on where and how they end.

Yes, they need to make it all the way to the end, and have an
appropriate junction there. Here's two I liked to use some years ago :

http://goo.gl/maps/IF7GH

http://goo.gl/maps/cQEue

I did meet a lady on the first one who was insisting that because it was
a bike lane, she should use it even if she was going the other way, and
it wasn't big enough for us to pass. Fortunately it wasn't a traffic
jammed time so I just went in the car lane.