Old March 15th 04, 08:30 PM

Default Trek & Gary Fisher bikes = USA made

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:54:02 GMT, wrote:

I'm interested in getting a hybrid type bike and would prefer to buy an
American-made product, if possible (yeah, I know most of the components
are going to be imported). Have been told that Trek bikes are made in
the US and that Gary Fisher bikes are made by Trek (?). (Fisher bikes
I'm considering are the Utopia/Nirvana/Zebrano/Tibruon series.)

The websites of both companies are rather vague on the question, which
usually implies that many or most of their products maybe made elsewhere
(i.e., using terms like "Designed in America", etc.)

Is there an easy way to tell what bikes are US-made on the websites?

Are the bikes well-marked?

Any other suggestions?

(I'm not looking for reasons why I shouldn't buy American or why it
doesn't matter or trying to get political or jingoistic- just an
unemployed toolmaker who prefers his dollars go to US workers.)

Thanks a lot.

See:

http://www.usstuff.com/bikes.htm