Old July 20th 04, 05:35 PM
Graeme

Default What a cool way to fix a puncture!

"hippy" wrote in news:cdimlc$bea$1
@otis.netspace.net.au:

http://www.bluecollarmtb.com/how_to/fix_flat.htm

I've not used that method but I have used one from (I think) William
Nealy's "Mountain Bike" where you put a small stick/twig over the hold
lengthways and then use it to twist the tube (like winding up a rubber band
powered plane). Then stick the twisted tube and the stick back into the
tyre and pump up gently. It ended up as a little bit of a bumpy ride, but
at least it got one of the other guys home. Everyone was very impressed,
but I couldn't take credit for the idea unfortunately.

Graeme