Old January 9th 17, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Default 105-year old sets new record

Per Phil Lee:
The fit ones tend to go downhill fast, once they drop off the fitness
level they are accustomed to maintaining.
My grandfather went from running a minimum of 5 miles every morning,
rain, shine, sleet, snow or fog, to his grave in about 18 months after
breaking his hip badly.

A book on aging that I read a bunch of years ago described "Normal
Death" as being pretty much that: good functionality right up to a few
months from the end, then rapid deterioration and death.

The book said that it has become more-and-more common and will increase
in frequency as people learn to and are able to take proper care of
themselves.
--
Pete Cresswell