Old September 6th 17, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Let the Laughing Begin

On 9/5/2017 12:44 PM, wrote:

This again hardens my suspicion that the pressure changes in my tires before my new pump had to do with the cheap floor pumps inaccurate pressure gauges and the leakage around that "easy operation" connector with the throw handle.

Years ago, I used a laboratory dead weight tester to check the accuracy
of my various pressure gauges, including the one built into my Nashbar
floor pump.

I learned that price didn't correlate well with accuracy. The most
accurate gauges were a few of the simple pencil-sized gauges with the
sliding scales. The genuine bourdon gauge in the floor pump was 7 psi
low at an indicated 100 psi.

--
- Frank Krygowski