Old September 11th 17, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Sandwich recipe, please

On 2017-09-08 08:31, wrote:
Hey guys, would you do me a big favor and tell me your favorite
sandwich that can be made conveniently, cut into quarters and stuffed
into your jersey pockets for longer rides?

It's gotta be something tasty, or else you won't want to eat it; and
made from ingredients you can buy and keep ahead of time, so you
don't have to worry about going to the grocery store before you can
do your ride.

Obviously not a big, thick sandwich; a skinny sandwich, so that each
quarter is just a couple of mouthfuls.

I'm thinking maybe canned deviled ham and Miracle Whip. What do you
suggest?

Thanks a lot!

My favorite for rides of less that 5h are home made grain bars that are
totally non-sweet. My wife bakes them in large sheets in the oven, then
cuts them. We only have a German recipe since this was a hint from a guy
in a German bike NG and we modified it:

http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/14555...sliriegel.html

For longer rides I carry this bread made from trub, the residue in the
fermenters when I make beer:

https://delishably.com/baked-goods/S...sing-Beer-Trub

On it I'll have pecorino cheese, brie if it isn't too hot out there,
olive loaf, Italian salami. No butter.

Both of these recipes have found favor with other cyclists. To the point
where one of them now regularly receives a chunk of our various trub
breads. They all taste differently depending of which beer they came from.

My left panniers on both bikes are 100% dedicated to liquids and
culinary items. On really long rides I also carry my old 16oz stainless
steel office thermos and fill it with homemade IPA or similar. Park the
MTB at a whisper-quiet location with a pristine mountain view, unpack
the trub bread sandwiches, pour myself a nice cold IPA. Life is great.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/