Old September 12th 17, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Jobst

On Sat, 09 Sep 2017 14:19:34 -0500, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/9/2017 12:44 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 22:40:02 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Replying to Tom's fanciful manderings:

-snip much-

Interestingly, my own career as a psychologist could fall to
automation as online counseling using a bot continues to develop (and
has been shown to work pretty well in treating, for example,
depression).

Yep nothing cheers a guy up like being told his brain isn't right but
he's unworthy of human conversation.

ROTFLMAO! What a great line!

Oddly enough, in the (thus far rather small) samples, there is at least
a subset of the population much more comfortable with talking to the bot
rather than a human therapist. I don't get it, but then I'm old- uphill
both ways barefoot in the snow with a headwind and get off my lawn old.
Or so it seems, as I work with people born after I started my current
job and almost all my doctors are younger than me...