Old September 21st 18, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Rear derailleur help

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:58:57 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Andrew, the springs that are supposed to hold the limit screws in
place are likely not to be long enough. I have tried to use Blue
Locktite but can't get it to work like the stuff on many factory
parts. Looking at these parts it appears that you have to put a single
drop of the blue onto the screw and to let it dry for about an hour
before using it. But instead of getting a tighter screw fit the damn
things always are way too tight. And it's hard to get a single drop at
a time from the tube. Hard you got some hints about this?

Beeswax has worked well for me as both a thread lubricant and to resist
unscrewing. My hunch is that it stabilizes the threads against
vibrations.