Old January 3rd 06, 08:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Helmets - mean time betweef failures

"Andrew Price" writes:

Big chunk of styrofoam fell out of the Limar helmet on the way home from
work tonight, right where the strap attaches at the back.

5 years constant use, a few minor scrapes (there was that low tree branch
once as I recall) so I guess I can't complain - but I really think it was
the rash threat to wash it because it was getting a bit pongy in the heat
that caused it to give up the ghost.

Recommendations for one with significantly longer life span?

As I understand it five years is about all you can expect from a
helmet. UV degradation takes its toll, think yourself lucky that you
found out it was cactus without actually having to use it.

I had just got fond of it too, sort of like an old sweater with holes in it
that you don't want to give up.

Indifferent to mine. Couple of times this week I'd rather not have worn
it but the law is the law.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,